Africa conjures up dreamy images of mystical mountains, savanna grasslands, and endless plains, but for the adventure seeker, it's where the wild things are. The 'Big 5'-lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and Cape buffalo await you on this ultimate safari through East Africa. Featuring unique lodges and tented camps, custom-made 4-wheel-drive safari vehicles, and exclusive meals in the bush, this Kenya and Tanzania tour promises larger than life experiences and countless memories. You'll savor the unique terrain and wildlife at seven renowned national parks, reserves, and conservancies, including the famous Maasai Mara National Reserve, and the vast, volcanic Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Beyond sightings of the 'Big 5,' be on the lookout for cheetah, wildebeest, crocodile, hippo, and rhino. On the tamer side, you'll also enjoy a visit to the Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary as well as the endearing experience of meeting the local children at a primary school in Karatu. There's no better way to decelerate after an exhilarating vacation of game drives than on a breezy, island getaway to Zanzibar with Monograms. Move too fast and the hospitable locals will offer the gentle reminder, 'Pole, pole!' meaning 'Slowly, slowly!'
Call (847) 897-7011 for more information or to book today! Mention code 16579695
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2022
- 16 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Nairobi||Welcome to Nairobi! Hotel check-in available mid-afternoon.|
|Day 2||NAIROBI-MOUNT KENYA-OL PEJETA CONSERVANCY||NAIROBI Drive to Ol Pejeta Conservancy, the largest black rhino sanctuary in East Africa. OL PEJETA Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 3||Ol Pejeta||OL PEJETA Morning game drive followed by free time at your camp. Afternoon game drive and visit to the [LF] Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary (established in partnership with the Jane Goodall Institute). (B,L,D)|
|Day 4||OL PEJETA-NYAHURURU FALLS-LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK||OL PEJETA Scenic drive through the Kenyan highlands to see Nyahururu Falls en route to Lake Nakuru National Park, a small ecologically diverse park. LAKE NAKURU Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 5||Maasai Mara National Reserve||LAKE NAKURU Scenic drive to Maasai Mara National Reserve, Kenya's most famous game area. MAASAI MARA Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 6||Maasai Mara||MAASAI MARA Morning game drive includes a [LF] bush breakfast. Free time at your lodge before an afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 7||Amboseli National Park||MAASAI MARA Fly (via Nairobi) to Amboseli National Park, known for spectacular views of Mount Kilimanjaro. AMBOSELI Afternoon game drive. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Amboseli||AMBOSELI Morning and afternoon game drives with free time to enjoy your lodge amenities in between. Sundowner drinks in the bush at dusk with views of Mount Kilimanjaro. (B,L,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Amboseli with a visit to a Maasai village to learn about their culture. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||Lake Manyara National Park||AMBOSELI Drive across the border into Tanzania. Stop for lunch in Arusha en route to Lake Manyara. LAKE MANYARA Free time at your lodge before dinner. (B,L,D)|
|Day 10||Ngorongoro Conservation Area||LAKE MANYARA Morning game drive and exclusive [LF] bush lunch with spectacular views of Lake Manyara. Drive to Karatu. KARATU Visit a [LF] local primary school to meet the children. Drive to your lodge on the rim of Ngorongoro Crater (a UNESCO World Heritage Site). NGORONGORO Arrival in time for dinner. (B,L,D)|
|Day 11||Ngorongoro||NGORONGORO Full-day game drive in the crater includes a picnic lunch. (B,L,D)|
|Day 12||Ngorongoro-Serengeti National Park||NGORONGORO Drive to Serengeti National Park, Tanzania's largest and most famous park. SERENGETI Afternoon game drive. (B,L,D)|
|Day 13||Serengeti||SERENGETI Morning and afternoon game drives with free time at your camp in between. Special [LF] farewell dinner in the bush includes a [LF] traditional Maasai dance performance. (B,L,D)|
|Day 14||Stone Town||SERENGETI Morning game drive. Fly (via Arusha) to Stone Town (a UNESCO World Heritage Site).STONE TOWN Free time in the late afternoon and evening. (B)|
|Day 15||Stone Town||STONE TOWN Walking tour of Stone Town to see the Old Fort, National Palace, slave caves, and the spice markets. Afterward, visit Jozani Forest for a guided walk to learn about the forest fauna and see the rare red colobus monkey, found only in Zanzibar. Free time in the late afternoon and evening. (B,L)|
|Day 16||STONE TOWN-DAR ES SALAAM||STONE TOWN Fly to Dar es SalaamDAR ES SALAAM Transfer to the Dar es Salaam Serena Hotel where a day room has been reserved for your use. Schedule departing flights after 4 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Park entrance fees of $949 per person are included.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).