Brochure Type: Oberammergau 2022
Join the von Trapps on a lyrical adventure that will make your heart sing, from Munich's medieval splendour and the romance of Salzburg's 'Sound of Music' to Oberammergau's poignant Passion Play.
- Premium Tickets for the Passion Play in Oberammergau
- VIP Admission to the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna
- Explore Salzburg and Vienna with a Local Specialist
- Discover Munich and Oberammergau
- Visit Neuschwanstein Castle, the alpine resort of Berchtesgaden and the Church made famous in the film 'The Sound of Music' in Mondsee
- View Mozart's Birthplace in Salzburg
- 8 breakfasts
- 6 dinners (including Be My Guest)
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Handcrafted Highlights
Call (847) 897-7011 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15547528
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Munich||Welcome to Munich: Willkommen in Munchen - which you will have an opportunity to explore before embarking on your lyrical sojourn through the Sound of Music. Join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a memorable Welcome Reception to kick-start your leisurely meander through Germany and Austria.|
Holiday Inn Westpark
|Day 2||Munich||Discover Bavarian Munich: Embark on a morning orientation tour past some of the city's most renowned sites, including the Opera House, Ludwigstrasse, Hofbrauhaus and Marienplatz, whose Glockenspiel delights visitors throughout the day with its re-enactment of 16th-century tales. Spend the rest of the day at leisure exploring the city's Old Town or consider an Optional Experience to the Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site, the first of the Nazi camps established in Germany. This evening, connect with the city's rich beer heritage and consider a memorable night out at a local beer hall.|
|Day 3||Oberammergau||Onwards to Neuschwanstein Castle and Oberammergau: Journey to Neuschwanstein Castle, built as a retreat for shy King Ludwig II to retire from public life, then continue to Bavaria and the faithful village of Oberammergau, where locals have performed the Passion Play every decade since 1634 to fulfil their vow after the village was spared from the grip of the plague. Dine in your hotel this evening.|
See 'Trip Notes'
|Day 4||Oberammergau||Experience the Oberammergau Passion Play Performance: Celebrate God's grace and give thanks as the Oberammergau villagers do in their dramatic depiction of the life and death of Jesus Christ. Take your premium seats for a poignant afternoon spent watching the Passion Play, witnessing first-hand the covenant that was made with God in the 17th century. Dine at a local restaurant this evening before taking your seat for the captivating second half of this performance as night falls.|
|Day 5||Salzburg||Journey to Salzburg: Spend a soul-stirring morning connecting with the astounding natural beauty of Berchtesgaden. You'll want to take in all the spectacular views on an Optional Experience visit to Eagle's Nest, intended as a mountain retreat for Hitler and his inner circle. See the awe-inspiring mountain landscape and learn about the area's fascinating history before arriving in Salzburg, the birthplace of Mozart and the backdrop for the 'The Sound of Music.'|
|Day 6||Salzburg||Explore Spectacular Salzburg, Mondsee and on to Villach: Join your Local Specialist for a tour of the city's iconic highlights including Getreidegasse, the Salzburg Cathedral, Mozart's birthplace and many of the locations used in the film 'The Sound of Music'. Leave the sounds of Salzburg behind for lakeside Mondsee, where you'll visit Mondsee Abbey, the one-time Benedictine monastery that served as the church where Captain Von Trapp and Maria were married in the film. This afternoon, travel to Villach where we will Connect With Locals over dinner and enjoy a Carinthian Be My Guest experience with the Missionary Sisters of the Precious Blood in the Monastery of Kloster Wernberg.|
|Day 7||Vienna||Off to Piber and Vienna: Dive Into Culture during a visit to the Lipizzaner Stud farm at Piber and gain insights into the breeding of the Spanish Riding School's athletic white stallions. Later, stop in the town of Graz with its galleried courtyards and Renaissance squares. Finally arrive in the Austrian capital, Vienna, and check in to your hotel.|
Imperial Riding School
|Day 8||Vienna||See the Sights of Vienna: Enjoy an exclusive guided visit of the Habsburg royal collection of art at the Kunsthistorisches Museum, prior to admission of the general public. Dive Into Culture and visit the Kunstkammer during this private insider visit. Later, your Local Specialist will show you the city's major landmarks and palaces during your included sightseeing tour. The magic continues with a walking tour through the oldest parts of the city. This evening, join your fellow travellers for a Farewell Dinner.|
|Day 9||Vienna||Farewell Vienna: We say a fond farewell to newfound friends and the beauty of Vienna at the end of an unforgettable experience. Find out more about your free airport transfer at trafalgar.com/freetransfers.|
- Travel to Europe often requires an overnight flight. Please arrange flights to arrive on or before Day 1.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class