Brochure Type: Luxury Gold Southpac 2020/21
Explore New Zealand's North Island with no more than 20 like-minded travellers. Visit the cities Auckland and Wellington, that resound with a friendly welcome normally felt in small towns. Travel into the rustic, unspoilt coastal regions of the Coromandel and the Bay of Islands, where dazzling white beaches and historic villages are the norm.
- Hawke's Bay: Indulge in a wine tasting followed by a 3-course dinner at Mission Estate Winery, one of the region's world famous wineries.
- Rotorua: Gather round for a feast of succulent meats and vegetables, cooked in a Hangi and prepared using the traditional Maori method of cooking over geothermal steam coming from the earth.
- Auckland: Enjoy a Celebration Dinner with a former All Black rugby player. You'll be regaled with fascinating stories about his time spent on a champion team.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (B) and 6 Dinners with Wine (DW).
- Wellington: Take a cruise on Queen Charlotte Sound to cross Cook Strait.
- Wellington: See the sights of New Zealand's capital during your orientation.
- Wellington: Explore Wellington Your Way with a choice of visiting Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, joining a local guide for a city walking tour around Wellington or a guided visit to Te Papa, New Zealand's incredible national museum and art gallery.
- Napier: Take part in a guided tour of the city of Napier.
- Hawke's Bay: Take your morning of leisure to explore the beautiful area of Hawke's Bay.
- Huka Falls: Take a visit to the beautiful Huka Falls that drains from Lake Taupo.
- Rotorua: Learn about the city of Rotorua when you embark on a sightseeing tour.
- Rotorua: Visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village and gain an insight into the lives of the Maori community and their special bond with this ancient land.
- Rotorua: Visit the Rainbow Springs Nature Park to see a working kiwi nursery and hatchery and learn more about the conservation of this national creature.
- Rotorua: During your visit to Redwoods - The TreeWalk, enjoy the unique perspective from 12 metres above the ground.
- Waitomo Cave: Discover the native glowworms, fascinating, bright creatures of Waitomo Cave, with your Local Expert.
- Auckland: Enjoy a sightseeing tour around the city of Auckland.
- Waipoua Forest: Visit the Waipoua Forest which is home to the largest Kauri tree in existence.
- Waipoua Forest: Walk with a Maori guide and learn about the history and legend behind the Kauri tree.
- Bay of Islands: Cruise through some of the 144 islands in the Bay of Islands Maritime Park and view some very unique wildlife.
- Wellington: Forming part of an exclusive collection of luxury hotels, the vintage-inspired Sofitel Wellington places you in the heart of the city near lush botanical gardens, stately parliamentary buildings and a collection of museums.
- Hawke's Bay: Porters Boutique Hotel is a privately owned, boutique hotel that delivers a luxurious experience.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Luxury Gold is proud to offer various modes of transportation, from luxury coach to safari jeep and more, so that you always travel in comfort and experience your journey and destination in the best possible and most appropriate way.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (847) 897-7011 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14886812
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 6/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Wellington||Welcome to Wellington.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Wellington International Airport you'll be driven by complimentary transfer to your hotel. Spend some time at leisure to relax or explore on your own. This evening, meet your Travelling Concierge and get to know your fellow travellers during your Welcome Dinner. (Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 2||Wellington||Wellington Your Way.: Explore Wellington Your Way with an included choice of sightseeing. You can experience Weta Cave, home of the creative wizards behind The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit trilogies, join a local guide for city walking tour around Wellington or learn about New Zealand's history and culture during a guided visit to Te Papa, New Zealand's incredible national museum and art gallery. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||Hawke's Bay||Wellington to Hawke's Bay.: Travel through the dairy farming land of Manawatu to Napier in Hawke's Bay. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Porters Boutique Hotel, Havelock North, Hawke's Bay.
|Day 4||Hawke's Bay||Exploring Napier.: Enjoy a relaxed start before venturing out to explore the surrounding area. Join a local guide for a tour of the city and see the varying art deco architecture, the style in which Napier was rebuilt after a devastating Earthquake in 1931. In the evening, enjoy a wine tasting and three-course dinner at Craggy Range Winery, one of the region's world-famous wineries. (Buffet Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Porters Boutique Hotel, Havelock North, Hawke's Bay.
|Day 5||Rotorua||Geothermal Rotorua.: Travel past Lake Taupo, the largest lake in New Zealand, and visit the spectacular Huka Falls. Then it's on to Rotorua where on arrival a sightseeing tour offers the chance to take in views of Lake Rotorua. Experience local customs like the Hongi greeting and learn some customary phrases when you visit the Whakarewarewa Living Village set amongst a highly active landscape erupting with geothermal activity. Savour the unique flavours of a Maori Hangi feast, a meal cooked in the ground using geothermal steam, followed by a traditional concert, at the Tamaki Family Marae. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Rotorua||The Sights of Rotorua.: Your first stop is Rainbow Springs Nature Park, where you'll discover the native beauty around the crystal clear mineral water springs. Take a behind-the-scenes tour through a working kiwi nursery and hatchery dedicated to the conservation of the national icon. Continue to Redwoods Treewalk which consists of 21 suspension bridges traversing between 22 Californian Coastal Redwoods. It provides a unique view of the native undergrowth below from up to 12 metres above the ground, and with a 553-metre-long walk there is plenty of time to appreciate the beauty of the forest. The rest of the afternoon is free for you to continue exploring at your leisure or perhaps relax at your state-of-the-art hotel. (Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Auckland||Footwhistle Cave and Auckland.: Being your day with a dazzling show during an exclusive five-star Eco Glowworm experience at Waitomo Caves. During your five-star, exclusively guided, Eco Glowworm experience, admire the magical subterranean world of Footwhistle Cave. Later in New Zealand's largest city, Auckland, embark on an afternoon sightseeing tour before having the rest of the day at your leisure to enjoy the city as you wish. Toast your travels at your Celebration Dinner in the company of a former New Zealand All Black rugby player. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Sofitel Auckland Viaduct Harbour.
|Day 8||Auckland||Farewell Auckland.: Bid farewell to your fellow travellers after breakfast, as your journey comes to an end with a transfer to Auckland Airport for your onward flight. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. This itinerary offers Bespoke Experiences available on trip in local currency. Special Small Groups: All departures are limited to just 20 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class