Brochure Type: 2020 Luxury Gold Worldwide
Uncover the very essence of Britain and go to significant destinations that were once frequented by the likes of Shakespeare and notorious kings. As you travel in elegant style, stay at the most sought-after addresses in Britain, dine at a Michelin-starred restaurant and savour local specialities. From the beautiful Georgian city of Bath to the mesmerising Lake District, this is a journey of a lifetime.
- London: Enjoy a glamorous Welcome Dinner at one of London's finest addresses, The Milestone Hotel. Surrounded by rich mahogany furniture and traditional decor, you'll savour delicious seasonal flavours and wines recommended by a dedicated sommelier as you dine in the Victorian-styled Cheneston's Restaurant.
- Bath: Experience an exquisite Highlight Dinner at The Bybrook, a Michelin-starred restaurant, in the heart of the British countryside.
- York: Enjoy a traditional English cream tea in the Grecian Hall of Castle Howard.
- English Lake District: Enter the dramatic ruins of Lowther Castle and take time to explore through the ancient grounds. Enjoy a private dinner in the sculpture gallery which overlooks the castle gardens.
- Edinburgh: Regale in Scottish tea and scones in one of Edinburgh's traditional Scottish bar and restaurant.
- Edinburgh: Be treated to a delightful meal, accompanied with drinks, as you toast to fond memories and new friends during your finale dinner hosted at Mark Greenaway at the Waldorf Astoria.
- Dining Summary: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Chairman's Collection Departures: 8 Breakfasts (B), 1 Morning Tea (MT), 1 Lunch with Wine (LW) and 5 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee.
- London: Meet a passionate resident, your Local Expert, who will share the city's fascinating history, as you see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.
- London: See British pageantry at its best, as you witness the Changing of the Guard ceremony at Buckingham Palace, when available. It's a great privilege guarding the Sovereign and a quintessential British tradition that dates back to 1660.
- London: Experience the Tower of London with a private tour led by a serving Yeoman Warder. See the quarters, chapel, place of beheading and prison towers where the Yeoman Warder explains the history and importance of each place.
- Stonehenge: Visit the mysterious circle of upright stones, which stand as strong today as they did 3,500 years ago.
- Bath: The City of Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, built atop one of Britain's natural mineral springs. Visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room, built by the Romans over 2,000-years-ago as a place to wash and socialise.
- Bath: During an orientation you will see the Royal Crescent, Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey.
- Cotswolds: Journey through the Cotswolds which is among the most quintessential and unspoiled regions of England, famous for gentle, rolling hillsides known as 'wolds', green river valleys and historic market towns, where time has stood still for over 300 years. Admire the quaint towns of Bibury, Burford, Bourton-on-the-Water and Stow-on-the-Wold.
- Stratford-upon-Avon: Explore the birthplace of William Shakespeare.
- Windermere: Enjoy a nostalgic ride on a historic steam train through the Leven Valley to the Southern tip of Windermere.
- Bowness-on-Windermere: Led by your Travelling Concierge, enjoy the chance to explore this lakeside town.
- Alnwick: Explore majestic Alnwick Castle, steeped in history.
- Edinburgh: Visit magnificent Edinburgh Castle, Scotland's most-visited tourist attraction. Join a Local Expert, who will share tales about the castle's tumultuous past with panaromic views of this medieval city.
- Edinburgh: In true Gaelic style, meet a fabulously entertaining bagpiper and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture.
- Edinburgh: With a Local Expert, journey along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of Holyrood Palace, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century.
- Edinburgh: Relax and admire the scenery as you travel in first-class comfort on your train from Edinburgh to London.
- Edinburgh: Board a short flight and travel from Edinburgh to Belfast.
- London: Overlooking Buckingham Palace, The Rubens at the Palace is a historic, five-star hotel that exudes aristocratic luxury, serene comfort and exceptional service. Recently renovated, you will relax in elegantly furnished rooms where traditional style blends with modern technology.
- Bath: Located in the historic heart of Bath, the elegant Francis Hotel is set in an 18th century townhouse overlooking leafy Queen Square. It houses an impressive art collection and offers luxurious accommodation complete with a tea room, lounges and bars.
- York: Housed in the iconic former headquarters of the prestigious North Eastern Railway Company, the five-star Grand Hotel places you minutes away from museums, shops and the River Ouse. It boasts elegant guest bedrooms, a restaurant and bar, and a luxury spa uniquely situated in underground vaults.
- English Lake District: Set in the heart of the spectacular English Lake District, Leeming House is a short walk away from the shores of Ullswater. Its lounges and elegant guest bedrooms offer superb views of the lake.
- Edinburgh: Considered one of the best places to stay in Edinburgh, The Glasshouse is a five-star boutique hotel situated in the historic heart of the city. With beautifully appointed guest suites and fine seasonal dining, the hotel's expansive roof garden is what sets it apart.
- London: You're invited to the Tower of London to experience the exclusive Ceremony of the Keys. This ancient gate-closing ritual has been carried out every night by the Beefeaters, without fail, for the past 700 years.
- London: Visit the Horse Guards Parade and learn about the importance of a cavalryman's uniform as you wander through the Household Cavalry Museum.
- York: Marvel at dramatic architecture & interiors. Castle Howard is one of Britain's finest historic houses, situated just outside York in the Howardian Hills, an area of outstanding natural beauty.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary, available on departures with 15 or more guests.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travelling Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Complimentary, private train station transfers are included when train travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
Call (847) 897-7011 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14743658
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at London Heathrow Airport, you will begin your journey with a transfer in a chic Jaguar, along with other guests arriving at a similar time, to the luxurious Rubens at the Palace, an exquisite five-star hotel overlooking Buckingham Palace. A member of The Red Carnation Hotels, the Rubens is yours to explore, as you spend the day at leisure. At 18:00, meet your Travelling Concierge and travel companions for a grand Welcome Dinner hosted at English Grill restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Rubens at the Palace, London.
|Day 2||London||Traditions and Treasures of London.: A modern-day hub of culture and commerce, and once the centre of an empire, London is no doubt one of the world's greatest cities, teeming with millions of stories. Your Travelling Concierge will introduce you to a Local Expert - a passionate resident who will share fascinating stories about the city, as you explore the city to see Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. You will then continue past Downing Street, Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus. At the Household Cavalry Museum, uncover the secret messages hidden within a cavalryman's uniform and try on the royal uniform for yourself. Stop at Buckingham Palace to witness the colourful Changing of the Guard ceremony, when available. Spend the afternoon shopping at Harrods, listening to the soapbox orators of Speaker's Corner or viewing the masterpieces in the National Gallery. Enjoy dinner as you please. Should you want to venture beyond your hotel, ask your knowledgeable Travelling Concierge for restaurant recommendations. In the evening, once the crowds have gone home, experience a private tour of the Tower of London. A serving Yeoman Warder will greet you on arrival, accompanying you through the grounds and regaling you with stories of the history and importance of this seat of British power. You will then learn about the Ceremony of the Keys, carried out every night by the Beefeaters, without fail, for the past 700 years. The Yeoman Warder provides a history of the tradition and explains the etiquette of handling the keys before you are privy to witnessing this ancient gate-closing ritual. (Breakfast)|
The Rubens at the Palace, London.
|Day 3||Bath||Stonehenge and Georgian Bath.: Begin your journey this morning at the mysterious Stonehenge, and stand in awe of the scale of arguably Britain's most well-known UNESCO World Heritage Site. Continue your travels to the Georgian city of Bath where people have been indulging in the healing waters for millennia. Take a walk along streets lined with exquisite architecture and immerse yourself within the city's contemporary atmosphere. Enjoy a spectacular Highlight Dinner at The Bybrook, a Michelin-starred restaurant. With each Michelin-starred restaurant around the world meticulously selected based on outstanding food quality, you are in for an unrivalled indulgence. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Francis Hotel, Bath.
|Day 4||York||Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon and York.: Visit the original Roman Baths and Georgian Pump Room, one of the greatest religious spas of the ancient world and imagine how Romans once gathered to relish the good life. Continue your journey through the Cotswolds, famous for gentle rolling hillsides known as "wolds", green river valleys and historic market towns. Arrive in Stratford-Upon-Avon, the birthplace of Shakespeare and continue on to York. (Breakfast)|
The Grand, York
|Day 5||York||Medieval Wonders of York.: Step back in time as you meet the lively characters and explore the medieval streets of York. Once an important centre of Roman occupation in England, this is a storybook city surrounded by a large stone wall dating back to the 13th century. Experience York Your Way with a choice of two outstanding experiences today. Either join a Local Expert for a pulse-raising walk on the famous city walls - the longest medieval walls in England - and appreciate spectacular views of the river and the Old Town. Alternatively, embark on a leisurely guided tour to the York Minster, the largest medieval cathedral in northern Europe and one of the most outstanding Gothic buildings in the world. This afternoon, journey to Castle Howard, one of Britain's finest historic houses. On arrival you will be escorted to the Grecian Hall for a delicious, traditional English afternoon tea. Once the castle has closed its doors, receive a private, after-hours visit with a guide who will show you the intricate architecture and share with you the history of the house. You will have some time to explore the best parts of the gardens before returning to York for an evening at leisure. (Breakfast / Afternoon Tea)|
The Grand Hotel & Spa, York
|Day 6||Lake District||The Wild and Poetic Lake District.: The rugged and dramatic beauty of the English Lake District famously inspired 19th century writers such as Beatrix Potter and William Wordsworth. Experience the charms of a bygone era, as you step onboard a historic steam train at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Railway Station for a short ride along the southern banks of the lake. Journey through mystical forests to the lakeside town of Bowness-on-Windermere with a chance to explore, before continuing to your hotel located at Ullswater, considered by some to be the most beautiful of the English lakes. This evening, enter the dramatic ruins of Lowther Castle and take time to explore the ancient grounds. Enjoy a private dinner in the sculpture gallery which overlooks the castle gardens. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Leeming House, Ullswater, English Lake District.
|Day 7||Edinburgh||Alnwick Castle.: Journey to majestic Alnwick Castle and explore its magnificent interiors. Join a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the 11th Castle, with its striking medieval architecture and see why it was featured in the Harry Potter films. Travel up to the beautiful Scottish capital of Edinburgh where you have an evening to enjoy at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure-trove of knowledge and will happily guide you to the best local restaurants and attractions. Chairman's CollectionIf you are travelling on a Chairman's Collection departure, you will meet Her Grace The Duchess of Northumberland as she personally welcomes you for a private tour of her beloved garden. You are also introduced to the Head Gardener, Trevor Jones, who will lead you past a labyrinth, the serpent garden and ornate fountains, as you listen to the fascinating story of how The Duchess restored this exquisite garden to its former 18th century glory over the last twenty years. Admire this masterpiece of passion and dedication, which remains a work in progress, before indulging in a seasonal lunch. Join a Local Expert for an in-depth exploration of the 11th Castle, with its striking medieval architecture and see why it was featured in the Harry Potter films.Your travels continue to the beautiful Scottish capital of Edinburgh where you have an evening to enjoy at your leisure. Your Travelling Concierge is a treasure-trove of knowledge and will happily guide you to the best local restaurants and attractions. During August, you're invited to witness The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, one of the most spectacular military concerts on earth and a celebration of the history, heritage and colours of Scotland's regiments both near and far. Hosted every August, this renowned international showcase of military pageantry boasts performers from forty-eight countries. Enjoy the sounds and sights of bagpipes rising, drums cracking through the night air and performers dressed in tunics, kilts and tartans with Edinburgh Castle, lit up in colour, providing a dramatic backdrop. (Breakfast)|
The Glasshouse, Edinburgh.
|Day 8||Edinburgh||Highlights of Beautiful Edinburgh.: Enjoy a visit to magnificent Edinburgh Castle, Scotland's most visited landmark. Skip the queue and join a Local Expert for a guided exploration of the castle grounds. Learn about the castle's tumultuous history and appreciate panoramic views of the city below. Travel along Princes Street, past the Gothic Sir Walter Scott Monument, and continue down the Royal Mile to the gates of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the principal residence of Scottish royalty since the 16th century. In true Gaelic style, meet a professional bagpiper, who is said to have been the Queen Mother's favourite, and be enchanted as you listen to iconic music and fascinating tales about Scottish culture, whilst enjoying tea and scones. Raise a glass this evening to new friendships and a memorable journey, as we toast during our Celebration Dinner at Grazing by Mark Greenaway at the Waldorf Astoria. (Breakfast / Morning Tea / Dinner with Wine)|
The Glasshouse, Edinburgh.
|Day 9||Edinburgh||Farewell Edinburgh.: Bid farewell to your travel companions and continue your onward journey with transfers timed to meet your flight. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. (1a) Edinburgh Military Tattoo: This departure will attend. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures will Join the Duchess of Northumberland in her gardens at Alnwick Castle. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class