2020: Scottish Outland Adventure (9070)
7 days from Glasgow to Glasgow
Take a journey into the fabled land of adventure on this affordable vacation in Scotland. From the elegant Georgian squares and 12th-century cathedral in Glasgow, you'll travel to The Trossachs National Park to take in the rugged hills and serene lochs. On your way to legendary Edinburgh, stop in Stirling to admire the prized castle of Scottish kings and symbol of the country's independence. Enjoy a full day of guided sightseeing in Edinburgh, including 200-year-old New Town-home to famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. Visit Edinburgh Castle to see the Crown Jewels and, for specific departures, be thrilled by the Royal Military Tattoo presented on the castle's esplanade in a mass spectacle of Scottish pipe bands, music, dance, and pageantry by performers from around the world.Next, you'll take the elegant Forth Road Bridge to St. Andrews-the home of golf, the cross Firth of Tay and head into the Highlands. You'll stop on the way in the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry before crossing haunting Culloden Moor, where the Jacobites made their final stand in 1746. Continue via Inverness into the Highlands for an overnight stay in Strathpeffer and a west coast excursion through spectacular Scottish landscapes and vistas. Your Scottish adventure leads you through the heather-clad moors of the western Highlands to Lochalsh and the Isle of Skye. Then, via ferry across the Sound of Sleat it's back to the mainland. Take in the scenic highlights on your way back to Glasgow, including Glenfinnan and the monument to fallen clansmen, the viaduct that is recognizable to Harry Potter fans, and many other historic spots. Drive along the 'bonnie banks' of Loch Lomond as well. Your value-minded vacation in Scotland is an experience of spectacular landscapes, legends, and lore.
Call (847) 897-7011 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14721095
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2020
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Glasgow||Check into your hotel. In the afternoon, there's time to rest or discover Scotland's great cultural city. This evening, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for dinner at the hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Edinburgh||Start your day with an orientation drive taking in the fine 12th-century cathedral, imposing university buildings, and elegant Georgian squares. Then, head into The Trossachs National Park and enjoy views of rugged hills and beautiful lochs. Pause in Aberfoyle before continuing on to Stirling where you will have time to admire the castle, a great symbol of Scottish independence and favored residence of Scotland's kings and queens. After arrival in Edinburgh, why not join an optional excursion: a traditional Scottish night out with Highland dancers, bagpipers, and of course, the Ceremony of the Haggis? Today's Distance: 82 mi/ 131 km (B)|
|Day 3||Edinburgh||A full day to enjoy the Scottish capital. Morning sightseeing with a Local Guide introduces you to the 200-year-old 'New Town", home to famous scientists, inventors, and novelists. In the 'Old Town", visit EDINBURGH CASTLE to admire Scotland's Crown Jewels. Afternoon at leisure. Later, a unique optional experience: board the former Royal Yacht Britannia. Tour five decks and see how the Royal Family and crew of 240 lived and worked on board. Dinner rounds out this optional evening. For departure numbersAugust 9, 16, and 23 tickets are included for tonight's performance of the world-renowned MILITARY TATTOO, a vast spectacle of massed Scottish pipe bands that takes place in an arena on the esplanade of Edinburgh Castle. (B)|
|Day 4||Strathpeffer||A day of memorable sightseeing. Take the elegant Forth Road Bridge to St. Andrews, whose Royal and Ancient Golf Club has given us the rules of golfing, then cross the Firth of Tay and head into the Highlands, with a stop in the Victorian mountain resort of Pitlochry. Cross the battlefield of Culloden Moor with its memories of Bonnie Prince Charlie, then via Inverness, proceed to your Highland destination.Today's Distance: 221 mi/ 355 km (B,D)|
|Day 5||STRATHPEFFER WEST COAST EXCURSION||More spectacular Scottish scenery: Dornoch Firth, the Kyle of Sutherland, the Falls of Shin, the Mountains of Assynt, and Knockan Crag. Then, follow Strath Oykel for a visit to Ullapool, a remote fishing harbor on Loch Broom, before returning along Loch Glascarnoch. Our recommendation for this afternoon: join the optional Loch Ness Experience, which includes a cruise, followed by supper.Today's Distance: 123 mi/ 198 km (B)|
|Day 6||Glasgow||More heather-clad moors as you drive through the western Highlands to Lochalsh and the Inner Hebridean Isle of Skye. The route back to the mainland is by FERRY across the Sound of Sleat to Mallaig. Pause at Glenfinnan to see the monument to fallen Jacobite clansmen and the famous viaduct well known to Harry Potter fans before reaching Fort William beneath Ben Nevis. Glen Coe, where the MacDonald Clan was massacred in 1692, and a drive along the 'Bonnie Banks' of Loch Lomond are scenic highlights on the way back to Glasgow. Today's Distance: 234 mi/ 377 km (B,D)|
|Day 7||Glasgow||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement: $380No triple room reduction.Additional accommodations before or after your tour may be available.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).