Majesty of the Rockies GoldLeaf (Summer 2020)
Brochure Type: 2020 Americas
Take in the majesty of the Rocky Mountains as you travel in luxurious comfort to the most dazzling national parks, glaciers and historic villages of Western Canada. Savour delicious local cuisine in trendy Vancouver and meet passionate Local Experts, as you discover Mother Nature's bounties from the Rockies to the waters of Alaska. On select Chairman's Collection departure dates you'll have the pleasure of meeting Olympic ski champion, Rob Boyd, at the Four Seasons Whistler. Join him for a cocktail reception and hear about his life and history in Whistler, along with details on how he was the first Canadian to win a downhill world championship on Canadian soil. Look for the CC icon on the Dates & Prices panel to see which departures feature the Chairman's Collection.
- Vancouver: Enjoy a Welcome Dinner with wine at the Victor, located on the sixth-floor rooftop featuring local ingredients from the Pacific Northwest.
- Whistler: Enjoy a delectable Highlight Dinner at SIDECUT, a AAA rated, four-diamond restaurant known for traditional steakhouse fare with a modern take.
- Kelowna: Your resort's reputation for ?ne food is hard to overlook - join us for Dinner with Wine featuring a wine ambassador that will suggest pairings.
- Lake Louise: Enjoy a unique collection of restaurants during your Dine-Around Evening.
- Banff: Experience traditional, regional and contemporary a la carte dining with your choice of ?ne restaurants at the Fairmont.
- Victoria: Join your Travelling Concierge for a lively, farm-to-table Celebration Dinner at 10 Acres Kitchen.
- Dining Summary: 13 Full Breakfasts (FB), 7 Dinners all with wine (DW); On-board Rocky Mountaineer: 2 Full Breakfasts (FB), 2 Lunches (L), on-board snacks and all beverages, including alcohol;
- Victoria: One of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest and the gem of British Columbia, Victoria is a grand, elegant wonder. Explore this Garden City with her historic charm, baroque architecture, colourful squares and lively waterfront.
- Vancouver: Cross the spectacular Capilano Suspension Bridge, 230-foot-high (70 metres), for a squirrel's eye view.
- Athabasca Glacier: Travel in a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the icy slopes.
- Victoria: The Hotel Grand Pacific is perched right on the Inner Harbour, close to Victoria's downtown.
- Whistler: The Four Seasons Resort Whistler is a luxurious resort with a gorgeous backdrop and charming local village.
- Kelowna: Gorgeous Okanagan Lake provides the backdrop for an unforgettable hotel at the Delta Hotels by Marriott Grand Okanagan Resort with views of the lake, the mountains, and the Kelowna city skyline.
- Lake Louise: Surrounded by soaring mountain peaks, the majestic Victoria Glacier and a glistening emerald lake, the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise hotel is located in Alberta's Banff National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Banff: Canada's "Castle in the Rockies", the Fairmont Banff Springs, has been providing legendary hospitality to guests for more than 125 years.
- Jasper: Situated in Jasper National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the hotel wraps around the shores of pristine Lac Beauvert surrounded by nature and abundant wildlife.
- Sun Peaks: An internationally renowned year-round destination resort offering luxury in the heart of Sun Peaks.
- Banff: Enjoy a private meeting with a retired Royal Canadian Mountie to learn about the service and hear his personal stories.
- Whistler: Learn about the First Nations and participate in an unique holistic tea workshop at Squamish Lil'Wat Cultural Centre.
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Luxury Gold's air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency.
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Concierge will enchant you with a Luxury Gold Flourish, which is a local speciality representing the destination.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold.
Call (888) 743-9865 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14608125
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 14 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Vancouver||Vibrant Vancouver.: Your complimentary, private transfer takes you to your local departure airport. On arrival at Vancouver International Airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel. At 18:00, join your Travelling Concierge for a Welcome Dinner with wine at Victor Restaurant. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Douglas, Autograph Collection Hotel, Vancouver.
|Day 2||Vancouver||Vancouver Sightseeing.: This morning experience the best of Vancouver during your exclusive sightseeing tour. History meets the great outdoors at the Capilano Suspension Bridge Park, as you cross the bridge for spectacular views from the top of the canyon. The rest of the day is at your leisure. (Breakfast)|
|Day 3||On-board the Rocky Mountaineer||On-Board the Rocky Mountaineer.: Travel from the coastal city of Vancouver to Kamloops, in the heart of British Columbia's interior. On today's journey you will see dramatic changes in scenery, from the lush green fields of the Fraser Valley, through forests and winding river canyons surrounded by the peaks of the Coast and Cascade Mountains, to the desert-like environment of the B.C. interior. Highlights include the rushing waters of Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon and the steep slopes and rock sheds along the Thompson River. On arrival at Kamloops, your bags will be waiting in your hotel room. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
Assigned by Rocky Mountaineer.
|Day 4||Jasper||Arrive in Jasper.: Your magical GoldLeaf ride onboard the Rocky Mountaineer continues. Take in dazzling vistas upstairs from the glass-topped dome coach. Once again you will be surrounded by dramatic scenery as you follow the banks of the North Thompson River through the Monashee and Cariboo Mountains, climbing ever nearer to the high peaks of the Continental Divide. Today's highlights include Mount Robson, at 3,954 metres (12,972 feet) the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies, Pyramid Falls, and the climb over the Yellowhead Pass into Jasper National Park. On arrival in Jasper, you will be transferred to your hotel. (Breakfast / Lunch)|
The Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge.
|Day 5||Jasper National Park||Jasper National Park and Iconic Maligne Lake.: Embark on a narrated cruise on the serene waters of iconic Maligne Lake in the morning (seasonal). Stop at Spirit Island before enjoying a walk at Maligne Canyon. Gain a unique perspective of the beautiful park as you join a Local Expert on an afternoon scenic ?oat trip (8) down the Athabasca River. In the evening, enjoy dinner with wine at your lodge. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 6||Lake Louise||Along the Icefields Parkway.: Travel along the unforgettable Ice?elds Parkway and witness amazing scenery. At the Ice?elds Visitor Center, embark on a specially designed Ice Explorer for a remarkable excursion onto the surface of the Athabasca Glacier. With your expert driver guide, step out onto the frosty ?ow, formed centuries ago. Later today you'll arrive at Lake Louise, where you'll enjoy an engaging nature talk while strolling lakeside, before continuing to the iconic Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise for your stay. Why not upgrade to a Junior Lakeview Suite for views of Lake Louise? (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise.
|Day 7||Banff National Park||The Unspoiled Wilderness of Banff National Park.: This morning visit Moraine Lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks. Its glacial waters are known for the distinctive bright blue colour, which reflect the steep peaks that surround the valley. Take in the wonders of Banff National Park at leisure. (Breakfast)|
The Fairmont Banff Springs.
|Day 8||Banff Springs||Banff Sights at Leisure.: Explore Banff Your Way and choose to ride the Banff Gondola or visit Whyte Museum. Later, join a private meet-and-greet with a retired Royal Canadian Mounted Policeman. Hear fascinating tales of what it's like to wear the famous red serge uniform and have your picture taken with the Mountie. For dinner, choose from a selection of restaurants at your hotel. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 9||Kelowna||Canada's Exquisite National Parks.: As you leave Banff this morning, stop at exquisite Emerald Lake. Journey through some of Canada's most breath-taking National Parks - Yoho, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke, as you make your way to Kelowna. Tonight, savour a delicious dinner with wine at your hotel, accompanied by a wine ambassador that will suggest pairings for the fresh, seasonal ingredients from the valley. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Grand Okanagan Resort, Kelowna.
|Day 10||Whistler||The Napa Valley of the North to Whistler.: Depart Kelowna this morning and travel through the lush Okanagan Valley region, known for producing some of the best wines in the world. Explore Whistler and learn about its ascendancy onto the world stage as host of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Dine at the AAA rated four-diamond restaurant SIDECUT, featuring a modern take on traditional steakhouse fare. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Four Seasons Resort Whistler.
|Day 11||Whistler||First Nations Culture and History.: In the morning, a First Nations Ambassador welcomes you at the award-winning Squamish Lil'wat Cultural Centre, showcasing the native peoples' art, history and culture. Learn about the traditional teas important to the region, before taking part in a one-of-a-kind holistic tea workshop. The rest of the day is yours to do as you please. Ask your Travelling Concierge for recommendations on where to head. If you are on a Chairman's Collection departure, today you will meet Rob Boyd, former Olympic alpine skier. (Breakfast)|
|Day 12||Victoria||From Whistler to Victoria.: Leave the mountains of Whistler behind and stop at Shannon Falls, the third highest falls in British Columbia. Travel along a spectacular drive on the Sea-to-Sky highway, before ferrying across the Strait of Georgia to Victoria. (Breakfast)|
Hotel Grand Pacific, Victoria.
|Day 13||Victoria||Exploring Victoria.: Begin the day with breakfast served at Butchart Gardens' Blue Poppy Restaurant. Gain access to the grounds before they are open to the general public with ample time to explore. Enjoy the afternoon at leisure in Victoria. Tonight, join your Travelling Concierge and toast to new friends at a lively, farm-to-table Celebration Dinner at 10 Acres Kitchen. (Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
|Day 14||Vancouver||Depart Vancouver.: It's time to say goodbye to your fellow travellers. This morning you will board your ferry and relax in the exclusive SeaWest Lounge all the way to Vancouver. An included transfer will take you to Vancouver International Airport, the Douglas Hotel, Vancouver for additional nights, or to the port for your Alaska cruise. On arrival at your home airport, your driver will greet and escort you to your waiting car for your private transfer home. (Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Triple and Single Staterooms are on a request basis only. The prices shown above include port taxes, tips & fuel surcharge and are accurate as of 06 May 2019. Please see Majesty of the Rockies with Calgary Stampede for details. (4a) These departures have alternative routing and first go to Victoria, then Whistler before returning to Vancouver and will be staying at the Delta Ocean Pointe, Victoria. Vista and Neptune Suite Available. Guests that book a Verandah Stateroom or a Vista Suite by February 28th, 2020 will receive a Shipboard Credit of USD $50 p.p. All hotel room and stateroom upgrades are subject to additional charge. (10)Book the Rocky Mountaineer travel option on selected dates by December 13 2019 and save. This itinerary does not offer breakfast in room. (5) Chairman's Collection: These dates are designated Luxury Gold Chairman's Collection departures that will meet Olympic skier Rob Boyd for an exclusive reception. (6) Special Small Groups: This departure is limited to just 24 guests.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class