GLOBUS 2020: Cape Cod & the Islands with Mayflower 400th Anniversary (AO1)
9 days from Boston to Boston
Call (888) 743-9865 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14594880
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Welcome to 'Beantown!' This evening, mingle with your traveling companions at 6 pm for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure. (B)|
|Day 2||Boston||This morning, venture out on a tour of Boston with a Local Guide. Focus on the city's most prominent landmarks of the Freedom Trail. See Boston Common, the Old State House, the OLD NORTH CHURCH and Faneuil Hall. Also visit KING'S CHAPEL AND BURYING GROUND; founded in 1686 as the first Anglican Church in Puritan Boston and the final resting place of Pilgrim Mary Chilton, known as the first passenger to step ashore from the Mayflower. Later, board a harbor CRUISE that takes you to see the Bunker Hill Monument and the site of the Boston Tea Party. Balance of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 3||HYANNIS AREA||This morning, travel south to Duxbury, the historic village of many Mayflower passengers, and visit the ALDEN HOUSE HISTORIC SITE. Continue to [LF] FLAX POND FARMS, a working cranberry bog, and hear how this native fruit is harvested and processed. Then, in to the Hyannis area for a 5-night stay at a traditional beachfront resort. Tonight, enjoy a seafood dinner! (B,D)|
|Day 4||HYANNIS AREA||This morning, travel to Plymouth, where the Pilgrims founded the first permanent settlement in New England nearly 400 years ago. See famous Plymouth Rock and step aboard the MAYFLOWER II, a full-scale reproduction of the tall ship that brought the Pilgrims to Plymouth Harbor in 1620, 400 years ago! Next, explore PLIMOTH PLANTATION and learn about the daily life of a Pilgrim. In a private PRESENTATION, learn the true story of the 1621, three-day celebration, now known as Thanksgiving. Then, enjoy a 17th century [LF] WAMPANOAG FEAST, featuring fresh seasonal ingredients familiar to the Native American Wampanoag People. Free time in the afternoon to enjoy the EMBARKATION FESTIVAL, a grand cultural and arts festival that honors the traditions, cuisine, and music of the settlers and the Wampanoag people. (B,L)|
|Day 5||HYANNIS AREA||This morning, head to the harbor for your FERRY ride to Nantucket. Time for lunch and a stroll around Straight Wharf with its marinas, shops, and art galleries. Your guided tour spotlights the strong Quaker influence during the early days of settlement. Drive the narrow streets and admire charming Colonial-style houses and imposing mansions that reflect the prosperity of Nantucket's whaling era. During your free time, visit the WHALING MUSEUM with its top-quality exhibitions and rooftop observation deck. Return to Hyannis and see the John F. Kennedy Memorial and St. Francis Xavier Church before reaching your hotel. (B)|
|Day 6||HYANNIS AREA||Drive the length of the peninsula's arm to Provincetown. During your sightseeing tour, see the location of the Pilgrims' First Landing and the signing of the Mayflower Compact in 1620. Free time later to explore this eccentric seaside village on your own. Why not visit the Provincetown Museum, Pilgrim Monument, or one of the many art galleries. Then return to your resort. Tonight, dinner is at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 7||HYANNIS AREA||Board the FERRY to Martha's Vineyard and enjoy a guided tour that features Oak Bluffs with its Victorian 'gingerbread' architecture. Spend some time in Edgartown, once an important shipping and whaling center. Check out the enticing village stores, take a walk along the ocean, and admire the elegant homes along the tree-lined streets. Return to your oceanfront resort where the remainder of the day is at your leisure. (B)|
|Day 8||Newport||This morning, head to Newport, an elegant yachting mecca on Narragansett Bay in the 'Ocean State' of Rhode Island. Enjoy an orientation tour of Newport and see the first state house, the nation's oldest synagogue, and the city's oldest meeting house and library. Afterward, explore the extravagant lifestyle of a bygone era when visiting THE BREAKERS, shipping magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt's opulent mansion. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Boston||Depart this morning for Boston. After a transfer to the airport for guests who have homebound flights, the motorcoach continues downtown to the Sheraton Boston Hotel, where the tour ends. Please schedule flights from Boston's Logan International Airport after 2 pm. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).