2020: Shrines of Northern Italy & Rome - Faith-Based Travel (5360)
9 days from Milan to Rome
Call (888) 743-9865 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14465387
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2019
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Milan||Check into your hotel and, if you have time, start exploring this busy city on your own before meeting your tour companions and tour director during the included welcome dinner at your hotel. (D)|
|Day 2||Milan||Early morning [M] Mass at St. Ambrose Basilica. St. Ambrose is the patron saint of bee keepers, beggars, learners, and Milan. After Mass, a local guide will show you the treasures of the Basilica and the Duomo, the iconic cathedral and symbol of Milan. (B)|
|Day 3||Turin||Turin is known in the Catholic community worldwide as the home of the Holy Shroud, only available to the public on very special occasions, and of St. John Bosco, the priest that founded the Salesian religious institute to help poor children with their education during the industrial revolution. Your visit includes the HOLY SHROUD MUSEUM, the BASILICA OF ST. MARY AUSILIATRICE, and DON BOSCO'S ROOMS. You'll have time to appreciate the elegance of this city and former capital of Italy before attending [M] Mass in the Cathedral. (B)|
|Day 4||Padua||Pavia is home to a beautiful CARTHUSIAN MONASTERY, built in the 1400s by Gian Galeazzo Visconti, Duke of Milan. The monastery is one of Italy's 'hidden treasures' with lavish decorations and monks who still live a traditional life of seclusion and prayer. On the way to Padua, you'll also stop in Sirmione, a charming village on Lake Garda, with a medieval peninsula protected by walls and a bridge connecting it to the mainland. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Ravenna||Attend morning [M] Mass and visit ST. ANTHONY BASILICA in Padua with a local guide, then enjoy a short city sightseeing and time on your own. In the afternoon, on the way to Ravenna, we'll stop to see the ABBEY OF POMPOSA, where the Benedictine monk Guido d'Arezzo invented modern musical notation in the 11th century. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Rome||Declared the early Christian monuments of Ravenna as having 'outstanding universal value.' Ravenna was the seat of the Roman Empire in the 5th century and of Byzantine Italy until the 8th century. It has a unique collection of early Christian mosaics and monuments. All buildings-the NEONIAN BAPTISTRY, the BASILICA OF SANT'APOLLINARE NUOVO, the CHURCH OF SAN VITALE, and the ARCHBISHOP'S CHAPEL OF ST. ANDREW-were constructed in the 5th and 6th centuries. They show great artistic skill, including a wonderful blend of Greek-Roman tradition, Christian iconography, and oriental and Western styles. The morning is dedicated to discovering these masterpieces and focusing on the Byzantine-style mosaics with a local guide. In the afternoon, travel to Rome. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rome||Today you have the unique chance to attend the PAPAL AUDIENCE in the Vatican (subject to availability). Afterwards, enjoy an included city tour with a local guide to see the BASILICA OF ST. PAUL OUTSIDE THE WALLS, where St. Paul was buried after his martyrdom, ST. JOHN LATERAN BASILICA, the Cathedral of Rome and the seat of its Bishop (the Pope) famous for the Holy Stairs. Said to have led Jesus to the praetorium of Pontius Pilate, the stairs were transferred to Rome by St. Empress Helena. Finally, visit ST. MARY MAJOR BASILICA, where a reliquary contains wood from the Holy Crib. Attend [M] Mass here before returning to your hotel. (B)|
|Day 8||Rome||Visit the PAPAL SUMMER RESIDENCE In Castel Gandolfo. Wander through the its GARDENS, an opportunity to reflect and meditate in quiet and relaxing surroundings. Walk through the rooms where many Popes have spent the summer months enjoying the cooler countryside on the hills outside Rome. Later, you can join the optional excursion that will take you back to St. Peter's to discover the treasures of the Vatican museum, or you can spend time at leisure enjoying the many monuments of Roman heritage. (B)|
|Day 9||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$380, $690 (April 18 & July 4)Guaranteed shares availableNo triple room reduction.
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Cosmos Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Cosmos offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Cosmos in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Cosmos has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).